Monday 13 October 2014

Crafters Companion October Challenge - Buttons or Bows

Well, October already & soon be Christmas (YAY!!!!!!).  The challenge theme this month over at CC UK Facebook page is Buttons or Bows, and there is also a bit of a change this month to the rules:  To be eligible for the random prize draw, you do not have to use a CC product, just follow the theme for the month, to get top card honours (card of month or top 3) you still need to use CC products but there is more scope there, if you are short on a few items, I would say though with Birthday week coming up soon, this would be an ideal time to increase your CC stash!

For my Card this month all of my papers, ribbons and sentiment came from the Vintage Christmas CD, I think I actually picked something from most of the sections on the CD - Ribbons & bows, 3D bows, postcards, designer papers, sentiments etc... you get the picture, I had soo much fun with this, the images are so beautiful and print fabulously onto all of the Crafters Companion papers.  I used a 7x7 card base in cream and cut off a bit of the front, then covered the front with a backing paper, ribbon strip across the middle and then layered up the postcards (they were all matted onto Coredinations colourcore brights card) down the front.  I put the sentiment onto some green coredinations so that it looks like a tag and then raised this using 3d glue gel and put a 3D bow on it, a couple of sparkly dots at the bottom and it's job done, a really fabulous but very easy to make card.


Well, I hope you like this one and are starting to get yourself ready for the festive season!

TTFN

Rach
x

No comments: